Beef Lettuce Wraps
This is a light, easy to fix meal packed with flavor. Pretty perfect for light summer meals.
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon(s) rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 bunch green onions (white and green parts separated, both sliced thin)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon(s) ginger root (fresh grated)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 Pound(s) Dakota Grass Fed 90/10 ground beef
- 1/2 cup carrot (shredded)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (finely diced)
- 2 Teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 4 Teaspoon(s) sesame seeds
- 8 lettuce leaves - red leaf or Boston Bibb (washed and dried)
- Mix ketchup, soy sauce and vinegar together and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat in large non-stick skillet. Add sliced white part of green onion, reserving green part for garnish. Add ginger. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add garlic. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add ground beef, carrot, and red pepper. Stir to combine with onion/ginger/garlic in skillet, breaking beef up as it cooks. Cook until all pink is gone, 5 to 7 minutes.
- When beef is cooked through, add ketchup/soy mixture. Stir well and heat through.
- Remove from heat. Drizzle sesame oil over all. Stir.
- To serve place heaping 1/3 cup of beef mixture onto lettuce leaf and garnish with sprinkling of sesame seeds and reserved sliced green onion tops. Encourage diners to roll lettuce leaves around filling to create beef-filled lettuce wraps.
Nutrition Information for 2 beef-filled lettuce wraps
Calories 327; Calories from fat 191 (58% from Fat); Fat 20g; Saturated Fat 6g; Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 709mg; Carbohydrates 10g; Fiber 2g; Protein 25g; Vitamin A 85%; Vitamin C 54%; Calcium 7%; Iron 24%