Ground Beef & Butternut Squash Skillet
Ground Beef & Butternut Squash Skillet recipe featuring Dakota Grass-Fed Organic ground beef
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 lb Dakota Grass-Fed Organic Ground Beef
- 2 tbsps Avocado oil
- 3 cups Butternut squash (peeled, chopped)
- 1/2 Red onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp Fresh ginger (peeled, grated)
- 4 tbsps Coconut aminos
- Rainbow chard (2 large leaves, chopped)
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the avocado oil in a large cast iron skillet (or stainless steel) over medium heat. Add the butternut squash and red onion. Cover, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until veggies begin to soften.
- Move the butternut squash and onion off to one side of the skillet and place the raw ground beef on the surface of the skillet. Sprinkle with paprika and add the ground ginger. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until the turkey is seared. Carefully flip the beef and sear on the other side another 2 minutes. Use a spatula to break up the beef meat and stir it into the rest of the skillet.
- Add the coconut aminos and chopped rainbow chard. Stir everything well and cover the skillet. Cook until the ground beef is cooked through, and vegetables reach desired done-ness, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and continue cooking until much of the liquid has burned off. Add more coconut aminos and/or sea salt/pepper to taste.