Dakota Classic Burger
This method, which first appeared in a James Beard cookbook, simply enhances the great flavors of Dakota Grass Fed ground beef with onion and cream. It is a tiny amount of cream, just 1 tablespoon per burger... don't fear it!
- 1 lb Dakota 85/15 Grass Fed Beef
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place ground beef in bowl. Grate onion directly over beef, letting onion juice fall into bowl with beef, (grating until you get about 1/4 cup grated onion).
- Add cream to beef. Mix gently but thoroughly. Divide into 4 equal portions and gently form into burger patties.
- Heat butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When foam subsides, add patties to pan. Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook burger patties 2 1/2 minutes (for medium rare) on first side basting with butter. Carefully flip to other side. Cook additional 2 1/2 minutes, continuing to baste. Remove from pan. Garnish with lettuce and tomato and serve on bread, such as a baguette.
Nutrition information per burger
Calories 285; Calories from Fat 191 (67% from Fat); Fat 22g; Saturated Fat 10g; Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 78mg; Carbohydrate 1g; Fiber 0g; Protein 22g; Vitamin a 3%; Vitamin C 1%; Calcium 3%; Iron 13%