Slow Cooker Winter Beef Stew
- 2 Dakota Grass Fed Stew Meat (pounds of meat)
- Cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 Large onion
- 6 Carrots (large carrots, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick)
- 4 Celery (trimmed and sliced 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh thyme leaves
- 6 Cup Beef broth
- 3 Tablespoon Tomato paste
- Cup Frozen peas
- Fresh thyme for garnish
Place a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Place the stew meat in a large bowl and sprinkle with the flour, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Add the vegetable oil followed by the seasoned stew meat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until well browned. Transfer to a slow cooker and switch to high heat.
Add the onions, carrots, celery, 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, beef broth, and tomato paste to the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Stir well to combine. Cover with a lid and cook for 2 ½ hours on high.
Stir in the peas, garnish with fresh thyme, and serve.