Dakota Grilled Ribeye Sandwich with Grilled Onion
- 1 Dakota Grass Fed Ribeye Steak
- 1 red onion (cut through the root into wedges)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 egg yolk
- 11/16 cup exra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp steak seasonings (2 teaspoons smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon celery salt, ½ teaspoon lemon pepper and ½ teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 rolls (sliced in half)
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper (Cored and Seeded)
- Heat grill to high. Rub bell pepper and onion wedges with vegetable oil. Grill over high heat, turning frequently until onion is softened and the skin of bell pepper is charred and blistered.
- Place bell pepper into brown paper bag to cool. (This steams the pepper further, making it softer). When cool, peel the charred skin off bell pepper.
- Place bell pepper, one small wedge of onion and vinegar into container. Use stick blender to blend into paste. Add yolk, and blend again. Drizzle, very slowly, olive oil into mixture, until thickened. (Note: USDA warns against eating raw egg; if you prefer to leave this step out, you will have a tasty, but not-so-thickened-sauce.)
- Mix steak seasoning up and mix ½ teaspoon into red pepper sauce. Place sauce into refrigerator.
- Pat steak dry and season liberally on both sides with steak rub. Sprinkle any leftover seasoning onto onion wedges.