New York Strip with Brandy Mustard Cream Sauce
- 2 Meyer Natural New York Strip steaks
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley fo garnish (optional)
- Remove steaks from refrigerator and let rest (about 30 minutes), bringing to room temperature before cooking. Pat dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat butter with olive oil in heavy skillet over high heat. When bubbles from butter begin to subside, add steaks. Sear 1 minute on each side. Lower heat to medium and cook another 2 minutes on each side (or to desired degree of doneness).
- Remove steaks from skillet and cover to keep warm. Turn heat to medium-high under skillet. Add onion and sauté briefly. Deglaze with brandy, being careful not to flame it (or if you do flame it, use caution). Let brandy reduce slightly, then add cream and Dijon. Bring to boil and let cook about 3 minutes, until thickened.
- When steaks are ready to slice, move them to cutting board and cut into very thin slices across the grain of the beef. Pour any juices from steaks into sauce, make sure sauce is heated through, then spoon over sliced steak. Serve immediately, garnishing with chopped parsley if desired.
Rare: About 2 minutes per side after sear
Medium Rare: About 2 1/2 minutes per side after sear
Medium: About 3 minutes per side after sear
Times are approximate. Cooking times will vary based on thickness of cut, heat of your cooktop and even how long steaks rest out of refrigerator before searing.
Nutrition (Per Serving)
- Calories: 473.00
- Fat Content: 35.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 144.00mg
- Sodium Content: 110.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 1.00g
- Fiber Content: 0.00g
- Protein Content: 29.00g