New York Strip Steak with Gorgonzola Butter
- 2 10 oz Dakota Grass Fed New York Strip Steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
For compound butter:
- 4 tsp butter (at room temperature)
- 2 oz gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley (plus additional for garnish)
To Cook Steak:
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Remove steaks from refrigerator and let rest (about 30 minutes), bringing to room temperature before cooking.
- Make compound butter: mix 4 teaspoons butter with Gorgonzola and chopped parsley. Mix well. Set aside.
- Pat steaks dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat butter and oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When foaming subsides, place steaks into skillet and sear 1 minute each side. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 2 minutes on each side, basting steaks with butter from skillet as they cook.
- When steaks are cooked to desired degree of doneness, remove to plate, cover with foil and then with dishtowel. Let rest 8 minutes.
- To serve, slice across grain of meat into very thin slices. Top each portion (about 3 ounces cooked meat) with about 1 tablespoon of Gorgonzola butter. Garnish with additional parsley and serve.
Rare: About 2 minutes per side after sear
Medium Rare: About 2 1/2 minutes per side after sear
Medium: About 3 minutes per side after sear
Times are approximate. Cooking times will vary based on thickness of cut, heat of your cooktop and even how long steaks rest out of refrigerator before searing.
Nutrition (Per Serving)
- Calories: 447.00
- Fat Content: 36.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 1410.00mg
- Sodium Content: 562.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 0.00g
- Fiber Content: 0.00g
- Protein Content: 32.00g
- Vitamin A: 7.00%
- Vitamin C: 2.00%
- Calcium: 8.00%
- Iron: 13.00%