Nacho day is upon us - but nacho day can be every day! While traditional nachos are absolutely fabulous, are you ready to try something a little different? Something like gyro nachos! These bad boys have all of the ingredients of a traditional gyro in nacho form. What more could you ask for?
This unique take on nachos features crisp pita chips topped with gyro-seasoned ground beef crumbles, creamy tzatziki cucumber sauce, sliced tomatoes, onions, and crumbled feta. It's crunchy and satisfying. This is a gyro you can share with friends and is perfect for a party or game night. We hope you brought your appetite!
- 5 Pitas (sliced in half lengthwise, then cut into 6 slices (12 slices per whole pita))
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 Scallions (white part finely minced and green parts thinly sliced)
- 1 Dakota Grass Fed Ground Beef - 1 pound
- 1 Garlic (small clove, finely minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Marjoram
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary (finely minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Mint (finely minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Cup Grape tomatoes (sliced)
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Place the sliced pitas onto 2 cookie sheets in a single layer, drizzle with the 1 tablespoon oil, then sprinkle generously with salt. Toss to combine and bake in the oven until crisp, turning once, about 8 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
To make the gyro meat, place all gyro meat ingredients (except the sliced scallion greens) in a bowl, season generously with salt and pepper, and combine well. Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil followed by the gyro meat and cook, breaking it up as you go, until it is browned, about 7 minutes. Cover to keep warm.
Combine all of the ingredients for the tzatziki sauce and season generously with salt and pepper.
To assemble, spread the pita chips onto 4 plates. Top with an even amount of the gyro meat, tzatziki sauce, sliced tomatoes, scallions, and finally with crumbled feta. Serve immediately.