- 1 lb Dakota Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 Scallions (white part finely minced and green parts thinly sliced)
- 1 Garlic (small clove, finely minced)
- 1 tbsp Dried Marjoram
- 1 tbsp Fresh Rosemary (finely minced)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Mint (finely minced)
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1 cp Grape tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 ozs Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 5 slices Pita Bread (Sliced in half lengthwise, then cut into 6 slices (12 slices per whole pita).)
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Place the sliced pitas onto 2 cookie sheets in a single layer, drizzle with the 1 tablespoon oil, then sprinkle generously with salt. Toss to combine and bake in the oven until crisp, turning once, about 8 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
To make the gyro meat, place all gyro meat ingredients (except the sliced scallion greens) in a bowl, season generously with salt and pepper, and combine well. Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil followed by the gyro meat and cook, breaking it up as you go, until it is browned, about 7 minutes. Cover to keep warm.
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
2 cups plain yogurt
1 cup small diced seedless cucumber
1 small clove garlic, finely minced
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
salt and pepper
Combine all of the ingredients for the tzatziki sauce and season generously with salt and pepper.
1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
2 ounces crumbled feta
To assemble, spread the pita chips onto 4 plates. Top with an even amount of the gyro meat, tzatziki sauce, sliced tomatoes, scallions, and finally with crumbled feta. Serve immediately.