Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Peppercorn Marinade
A short marinade, a quick grill, a great dish inspired by the classic steak au poivre.
- 3 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp crushed peppercorns
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 lb Dakota Grass Fed Flat Iron Steak
- Mix marinade: blend Worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, tomato paste, 1 tablespoon crushed peppercorns, garlic, olive oil and mustard.
- Place steak into zip-close plastic bag. Pour marinade over steak, squeeze air out, seal and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, up to 6 hours.
- 30 minutes before you are ready to grill, take steak out of refrigerator and let rest on counter. If using charcoal grill, get charcoal started or heat grill to high.
- Take steak out of marinade, letting as much of marinade drain back into bag as possible.
- Press remaining 1 tablespoon peppercorns into both sides of steak. Grill steak over hottest part of grill 4 minutes per side. Move steak to indirect heat spot of grill, close lid and cook additional 4 minutes.
- Remove steak from grill. Cover to keep warm and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- While steak rests, place marinade in small saucepan and boil until very thick. Remove from heat and place in bowl.
- Slice steak into thin pieces and serve with reduced marinade as sauce.
Nutrition Information per serving (about 3 ounces cooked steak)
Calories 210; Calories from Fat 94 (44% from fat); Fat 10g; Saturated Fat 3g; Cholesterol 80mg; Carbohydrate 5.4g; Sodium 197mg; Protein 23g; Vitamin A 1%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 2%; Protein 47%
2 Hours marinating time