Dakota Minute Steaks with Red Wine Reduction
A great, easy, quick summertime or any time meal that is finger licking good!
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Pound Dakota Top Sirloin (thin-sliced)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 Tablespoon cold butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- While skillet heats, mix salt and pepper with flour. Dredge steaks in flour and shake off all excess.
- When butter/oil is almost smoking, gently place steaks into skillet and cook just 1 minute per side. Remove and place on cooling rack over baking sheet. Cover to keep warm.
- Return skillet to heat. Deglaze with red wine, scraping up any browned bits as wine comes to boil. Lower heat slightly and let wine reduce to just ¼ cup.
- Remove skillet from heat. Swirl in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until sauce looks glossy and thickened. Stir in honey. Taste and add salt/pepper if desired.
- Plate steaks and top with red wine reduction. Serve immediately.