- 1 lb 85/15 Dakota Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1 lb 90/10 Dakota Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1 cup onion (finely minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp beef stock paste (or 1 bouillon cube that can be crumbled)
- 1 tsp seasoning mix (use your favorite: cajun, steakhouse, etc.)
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 egg
- 5/16 cup parsley (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp molasses
- 2 ozs bread
- 1/2 cup milk
- Heat oven to 325°F. Crumble bread and place in bowl with milk. Set aside to soften for about 10 minutes. It should become a paste.
- Mix ground beef with bread/milk paste, onion, garlic, beef stock paste or crumbled bullion cure, seasoning mix, mustard, tomato paste, egg and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape mixture into loaf about 9 inches long and 4 inches wide. Set loaf onto a foil-lined broiler pan.
- Mix ketchup with molasses. Brush loaf with about 1 tablespoon of mixture and place meatloaf into oven. Brush again with ketchup/molasses mixture after about 10 minutes, then again after 20 minutes, and, if there is any left, after 30 minutes. Bake at least 40 minutes or until center measures 130°F.
- Remove meatloaf from oven and let rest, covered, 10 minutes.
- Cut into thin slices and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (1/8 of the meatloaf)
Calories 283; Calories from Fat 143(50% from Fat); Fat 15g; Saturated Fat 6g; Cholesterol 103mg; Sodium 372mg; Carbohydrates 10g; Fiber 1g; Protein 25g; Vitamin A 7%; Vitamin C 11%; Calcium 5%; Protein 19%