Beef Chile Stuffed Pepper Poppers
- 1 Dakota 90% Lean Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1/2 cp onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 cp shredded carrot
- 1/4 cp red pepper (chopped - from jar)
- 2 tbsp canned green chiles (diced)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 cp cream cheese (fat-free)
- 2 oz shredded cheddar (fat-free)
- 8 bell peppers (small, long - sliced in halve lengthwise. remove seeds & stems)
- 2 tbsp sour cream (fat-free)
- Optional: extra chili powder & parsley (garnish)
1. Cook ground beef with onion, garlic, carrot and red pepper until all pink is gone from beef. Sprinkle chili powder over all and stir in. Remove from heat and add cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir well.
2. Heat grill to high. Fill each pepper half with about 2 tablespoons of filling. Place on crumpled piece of foil so the peppers stay upright. Place foil with peppers on grill and close lid. Reduce heat to medium. Grill until peppers are hot and slightly softened - about 10 minutes. Drizzle with sour cream (place sour cream in plastic bag, snip off corner and squeeze sour cream out as if using pastry bag). Sprinkle with paprika and parsley if using and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information per Serving (1 pepper half with 2 tablespoons filling) Calories 44, Calories from Fat 7 (15% from Fat); Fat 1g; Saturated Fat 0g; Cholesterol 9mg; Sodium 142mg; Carbohydrate 4g; Fiber 1g; Protein 6g; Vitamin A 18%; Vitamin C 44%; Calcium 7%; Iron 3%