This traditional recipe can easily be scaled to serve as the main dish or as appetizers for dipping.
- 1 Pound Dakota Grass Fed 85/15 Ground Beef
- 5/16 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 egg
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried basil
- 2 Ounce grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 325°F. Mix beef with onion, garlic, egg, oregano, basil, salt and pepper, Parmesan and parsley. Gently shape the mixture into 12 meatballs, equally sized. Place on cooking rack over a broiling pan.
- Bake meatballs 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven when they reach 130°F (use an instant read digital thermometer). Cool and serve as they are, or top with cheese or sauce if desired.
Nutrition Information per serving (3 meatballs)
Calories 325; Calories from Fat 195 (60% from Fat); Fat 22g; Saturated Fat 10g; Cholesterol 138mg; Sodium 333mg; Carbohydrates 2g; Fiber 0g; Protein 29g; Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 11%; Calcium 22%